The exploding growth of high-speed and high-availability services, including 5G, and a multitude of devices constantly connected to the Internet, has prompted Telcos, MSOs, Datacenters and the communication industry in general, to move to the next stage in aggregation, switching and transport technologies to keep up with the demand. Currently that is 400GE.
As PAM4-based 400GE QSFP-DD technology goes into full commercial deployment, testing and verification needs change and move from the pure R&D labs, SVT, manufacturing, FAEs supporting demonstrations and field evaluations to field deployment. Not all 400G test and measurement applications are the same. From Field link verification and troubleshooting, CO, Datacenter, Manufacturing, to R&D environments, VeEX has the right tools to pinpoint your specific testing requirements and environmental needs. Whether it is a portable do-it-all handheld for the field, high mobility and availability in large datacenters, high port density rack-mount environment, or automation, VeEX solutions offers the right products and features to address applications from R&D to manufacturing, from Core to Field.
Test Solutions for High Speed Interfaces & Transport Networks
VeEX offer a comprehensive T&M portfolio of products and applications to fulfill verification needs, from layer 1 to 4, from 10M to 400G, from lab to field.
- Portability - First 400GE handheld test set, with Native PAM4 QSFP-DD support for best-in-class signal integrity. Enables lab-to-field transition, transceiver verification, benchmarking and link commissioning and troubleshooting
- Scalability - Rack-mount applications for high-port count, manufacturing and automation applications
- Flexibility - 400G, 100GE, 100GE, 50GE, 40GE, 25GE, FlexE, OTUCn, OTU4, OTU3, STL256.4 and more
- Future proof - Modular test platforms supporting current and future interfaces, rates and technologies
- Available CFP8, CFP4, CFP2, CFP, QSFP28, QSFP+, SFP56/28/+ Interfaces
- Also available CPRI 10, 25G eCPRI, and 32G Fibre Channel, as well as lower-rate Ethernet, OTN, and legacy SDH/SONET PDH/DSn
- Advanced optical transceiver testing features
RXT-6400 400G Handheld
Introducing the RXT-6400 400G Portable Test Set| WATCH VIDEO >
NEMs Testing Challenges - Next Generation Ethernet/ Packet & Optical Transort Webinar | WATCH Webinar >
What's New in Optical Test?
As cable operators deploy fiber deeper into their networks and use it to serve a growing number of applications, fiber-optic testing obviously becomes more important. Unfortunately, it also becomes more complex. Fiber types might change, connectors might change and the nature of the optical transmission might change (both in the type of transmission as well as in the number and location of wavelengths). Meanwhile, the crews assigned to install and troubleshoot new fiberoptic connections might not change – they may be the same technicians who have been working with coax for most of their careers.
Therefore, cable deployment crews need test equipment that is easy to operate even if the user has had little exposure to optical networking. This special report explores the challenges, trends and future of optical testing.
Network Test Strategies
Optical communications technologies are becoming increasingly complex. That means testing fiber-optic networks must become simpler and more efficient to meet operator needs.
The articles in this Editorial Guide highlight the challenges network operators and technicians face and what strategies and technologies can help them keep pace.